Friday, July 31, 2009

Success / Cats

I guess I would not measure "success" the way most people do. I have never had that corporate competitive drive that pushed me to achieve what most would deem successful. My success comes in little achievements that the world might overlook.

I achieve success when I can rescue and restore a cat. I love cats. Truth be told, I like them better than most people. Cats I have patience for. They ALL come to my house, sooner or later. Their great curiosity and grace has always fascinated me. Those of you who are "cat people" know that a cat chooses their person - you don't choose them. If a cat does not bond with you, it was their choice. Not being chosen is probably the main reason that people don't like cats. We all want to be chosen.

Cats like me. When they loose their cuteness and their agility, people loose interest. I'm still interested. Helping a cat go smoothly in to old age is something I seem to keep doing. As my herd gets older, I try to give them quality. At the moment I am restoring a cat who used to be the neighbors, who became mine, and then my son's. The cuteness is faded and the cat needs help. I delight to see those old eyes sparkle for a little while longer.

Success

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home