The cat days of August
I know that most people are more familiar with the phrase "dog days"but we are cat people. This Summer it has been all about the cats. I am happy to report that our little cat who was so sick is improving. His recovery is due to our Vet's skill and care, as well as the little guy's ability to fight for life. His treatment is working and giving him back quality of life.
Quality of life is most important. In this case I am speaking from a perspective of health in older age. I would not want any animal. or person. to continue living with without quality of life. But that is another subject and not all voices agree. Just because we can. medically, does not mean we should. As I get closer to that "age" I think more about the options. There are just some choices in life you don't want to make. We'll see what hand I am dealt.
Since I am a Christ follower, and believe that all things happen with purpose, it makes the puzzle of life less hidden. I don't always know the answers, but I believe that I know who does. There is comfort and purpose in that knowledge.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home